Full-time, part-time positions limited.
Primary & Urgent Care Veterinary Technician
Swann Animal Clinic is hiring for a Veterinary Technician in the Amarillo area.
Some of the benefits of working for Swann Animal Clinic are:
- Family centric business
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- 401k match
- In-office training
- Staff discounts
- Scrub allowance
We are looking for someone who has experience working in the veterinary field as a veterinary technician. The candidate will need to be able to take direction from a veterinarian, have excellent customer service skills, stand for long periods, and multitask.
You will be interacting with veterinarians, veterinary technicians & pet owners on a day-to-day basis, so professionalism, a positive attitude, and great customer service skills are required.
You must be punctual, dependable, well organized, and have a passion for helping pets. Compensation is based on experience and skill level. We are looking for someone to fill positions for daytime shifts as well as nighttime shifts for our urgent care clinic.
About Swann and the Position
We are a full-service, AAHA-accredited hospital. We see cats and dogs for wellness, surgical, preventative, and emergent/urgent care. We value our culture and strive for a family-oriented, fun-loving environment for both our employees and pet owners.
Our work hours are Monday–Friday from 7:00 am to 10 pm, and Saturday from 8 am to 5 pm.
If you’re looking for a rewarding career with a great company in the Amarillo area, options for applying include: submit your resume/cover letter on Indeed or through our website on our Careers page.
- Answering phone calls
- Scheduling appointments
- Invoicing clients and collecting fees accurately
- Ensuring client satisfaction
- Assisting the veterinarian with diagnostics (lab work, radiographs, ultrasound)
- Assisting the veterinarian in surgical procedures
- Assisting the veterinarian with appointments
- Administering vaccines
- Gathering patient vitals
- Cleaning and maintaining organization of exam rooms, treatment area, surgical suite, and kennel area
- Providing hospitality to clients and pets for the duration of their visit.
- Placing intravenous catheters
- Performing dental cleanings under the supervision of the veterinarian
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Must be available full time
- Multiple locations
Swann Animal Clinic pays 50% of The Employee Only Option (around $1700.00 per year)
Dental & Vision
Swann Animal Clinic pays 100% of the employee premium (around $460 per year)
Swann Animal Clinic provides access to AFLAC supplemental insurance. This can often result in discounted rates for coverage.
Employee Discount Program
- 50% Off Services
- 42.5% Off Inventory
- Discounted Doctor Time (Exams +)
- Most Labwork to Idexx is no charge*
- Hills VIP Market Staff Feeding Program (25% OFF Hills Cost)
- Free Preventatives for 2 Pets for 12 months (renewed annually) ($500/Average/Year)
- Discounts on online pharmacy
*Specialty lab tests requiring other than Idexx testing will not be discounted; ask a clinic administrator for details.
Paid Time Away
- New Years Day
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
Paid Vacation Days
Varies by length of employment
Paid Sick Time
You accrue 2 hours of paid sick time every pay period.
Live Well Benefits
Scrubs & Uniform Allowance
- $150 Per Year (Can also be applied to SAC t-shirts)
- Swann Animal Clinic customized jacket
Growth & Leadership
Feedback & Reviews
Regularly receive feedback and performance evaluations
Connect with a mentor for communication and assistance.
You are paid for the time you spend training with us.
Access to hundreds of continuing education opportunities both online and in-person.
We want you to learn and grow. If you are interested in leading and growing in different areas, we will provide you with the framework to do so.